The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Seikosha Extra Flat. I do not have a date but the design and caliber points towards the late 30s. At 42mm, it is a quite handy size. The most interesting thing is the movement design with the large main plate covering most of the movement. This is an unusual design which I have not seen in any other Seiko watch. It also seems surprising to use this design for a watch that is supposed to be as thin as possible as I thought that the standard design with cutout for the wheels would make to a thinner profile.

/ martin

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Very interesting, Martin! Thanks for that photo review. I believe this Ingraham was my grandfather's daily pocket watch. I am sure it is at least 80 years old and, believe it or not, when wound it fires right up and keeps very good time!
[/center]

[quote=martback]
This is a Seikosha Extra Flat. I do not have a date but the design and caliber points towards the late 30s. At 42mm, it is a quite handy size. The most interesting thing is the movement design with the large main plate covering most of the movement. This is an unusual design which I have not seen in any other Seiko watch. It also seems surprising to use this design for a watch that is supposed to be as thin as possible as I thought that the standard design with cutout for the wheels would make to a thinner profile.

/ martin
[/quote]​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts