The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a very new watch buyer / collector. I only have seven "proper" watches and a smart watch (Pebble). I have two on the way. 6309 from the US and 7002 from Hong Kong. I'm really looking forward to these arriving.

But, even with only this many watches, I was finding it a pain to keep getting the watches out of the boxes they came in each day. First World problem, I know. Also, it's nice to see all your watches, isn't it?

I am attracted to "tool" watches and divers in particular. Because of this, I didn't really want a fancy display box, clad in leather and containing velvet pillows. Whereas this will suit fancy watches, I didn't think it would suit mine, as they are not fancy.

Not finding anything I wanted on the internet, I decided to cobble together a solution of my own. I bought an Assortment Organiser for £10 from Amazon and some pipe insulation, today, from B&Q (a massive hardware chain in the UK). Actually, while I was in B&Q, I found some better storage, cheaper than I the one I got from Amazon. Never mind, I will use what I have.

I'm not one to cobble things together, as a rule, but I think I like the solution I have made.

It's not fancy, it suits the type of watches I like (I think) and if we were ever to get "unwanted visitors" in the house, hopefully they would not associate the container with one that may contain watches.

Pictures: The new solution and the cases I used before.

Attachments

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
OMG! is correct response, I think. Well, that's pi**ed on my fire!
:93::93:

Nice collection Barry :)

I think quite a lot of guys store there collections in a similar manner.

I store a lot of mine in cases(takes a lot of room up), 18 or 24 to a case but I also use these wall mounted draws especially for watches without bracelets as 3 or 4 to a draw is no problem.

Of late I have been giving some thought to storage and i am thinking of storing such has my divers and TSTs without bracelets/straps as they would take up less room and i would need less bracelets/straps as i would use them on different watches rather than they stay on the same watch for most of the time. In theory 3 or 4 bracelets/straps could work on 20/30 watches ?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I started off with this :

:party0036:

And made it in to this:

I used a swimming woggle , some velour sticky back plastic and some plywood. A Blue Peter watch box ! All for about £5, and not from the evil rip off merchants B&Q . :sign0099:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a similar setup as barry above but I didn't tape each slot up with tape. The molded dyed plastic on the bottom of the toolbox messed up a few of my leather and G-Shock straps as the colour in the molded plastic transferred onto the watch bands :( And the colour didn't come off :undecided:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts