The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"What wrist do I put my watch on?" My six year old daughter asked me.

I am right handed and I wear mine on my left wrist. Don't know why, I just do. My daughter is left handed and I told her to put it on her right wrist so she could play with the functions on her Sesame Street watch. She had some difficulty with it because of the placement if the crown and buttons. Made for a right handed kid I guess?

So what wrist should I have my watch on if I am a right handed man living in the USA?

If It Doesn't Ring It's Not A Bell
BlueBellMatic
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
BlueBellMatic said:
"What wrist do I put my watch on?" My six year old daughter asked me.

I am right handed and I wear mine on my left wrist. Don't know why, I just do. My daughter is left handed and I told her to put it on her right wrist so she could play with the functions on her Sesame Street watch. She had some difficulty with it because of the placement if the crown and buttons. Made for a right handed kid I guess?

So what wrist should I have my watch on if I am a right handed man living in the USA?

If It Doesn't Ring It's Not A Bell
BlueBellMatic
Wear it on the one that feels most comfortable to you.

There is no right or wrong wrist ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
Being right-handed, I always wear my watches in my left wrist. These last months, since I'm going to spinning classes at the gym, I have been wearing also my Polar heart rate monitor on my right wrist. I tried the other way around, watch on the right and monitor on the left, but it didn't work out. Since all my watches are heavier then the Polar, it feels awkward for me. I guess it works with the Polar on the right wrist only because it's lighter, but it's not as comfortable as if I wear it on the right wrist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
I am right-handed, and wear my watches on my left outside wrist, always have.

I also read somewhere that folks started wearing the watch on the opposite side as the strong hand so they could use the strong hand to put it on without too much fumbling.

Some folks wear the watch on the inside of the wrist as well to prevent damage to the watch, the guys I've seen practice this usually are in the military or picked it up in the military.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,231 Posts
It probably helps, if left-handed and wearing the watch on the right wrist, to have a "lefty" watch (one whose setting crown is at 9 o'clock rather than at 3 o'clock like most.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
The general thought is that you wear it on the wrist opposite of that hand you favor, so if you're a righty you wear it on your left and vice versa. As I understand it, the reasoning is that since you use that side less, you watch will be less prone to being damaged; and since thehand you favor is free, you can use it to operate any functions the watch might have comfortably.

That said, I agree with pete, Use the watch in whichever wrist it feels most comfortable to you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
"Off" hand. As a lefty I normally wear my watch on my right wrist. There are exceptions. "Tool" watches like my Pathfinder GPS is worn on my left for ease of functions. For what it's worth, as a lefty it feels natural for me to wear a watch on my right wrist.

Cheers!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Pin said:
Wear it on the one that feels most comfortable to you.

There is no right or wrong wrist ;D

Forgive me Peter, but when I put a watch on my right wrist, it feels oh so wrong.


Perhaps a digital would allow easier right wrist placement?


Cheers,
Randall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Base on body energy or 'chi' flowing chat we should wear our battery power watch on our right wrist but for mechanical watch you can wear on any wrist that you feel comfortable. The reason is related to our body electric/energy positive(+) and negative(-). I learned this technique from a magnethotherapy research scientist from the state 15 years ago. Most of my family members and close friends wear their watches on right wrist for good health....believe it or not 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
arocpk said:
Base on body energy or 'chi' flowing chat we should wear our battery power watch on our right wrist but for mechanical watch you can wear on any wrist that you feel comfortable. The reason is related to our body electric/energy positive(+) and negative(-). I learned this technique from a magnethotherapy research scientist from the state 15 years ago. Most of my family members and close friends wear their watches on right wrist for good health....believe it or not 8)
do they also wear pyramids under their hats? :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
OldHippie1968 said:
Of course they don't! After all everyone knows that tin foil works best at deflecting the government mind control rays! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheers!
Mike
No clue what you're talking about. Hold on, the Alien overlords are on the other line:



:p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
Isthmus said:
No clue what you're talking about. Hold on, the Alien overlords are on the other line:



:p
;D ;D Just to think all that just to keep his Eco-Zilla charged. I think this pic may possibly be my future avatar.

Cheers!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I'm right-handed and wear my watches on my right wrist.

It's a good preventative measure for carpal tunnel.

But the watch takes more abuse being on my strong-handed side.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
30,401 Posts
I have always worn my watches on my left wrist (i am right handed) i have tried them on my right wrist when i have wore two to check one out but apart from feeling soooo uncomfortable for some reason my right wrist is thicker ?? ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
I'm left handed and have always worn my watch on my left wrist. I think this goes back to my first watches which were manual wind watches. I could wind up the watch more easily with my right hand without taking the watch off. If it's on the right wrist winding was a little more difficult due to the crown being on the wrong side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Always wear the watch on the left hand - I am right handed. Found it very difficult to use the mouse with the watch on the wrist.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top