The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased two divers, one 6309 and one 7002. Both have a 4 month warranty on water proof (150m), function, and return right for refund.

7002 - Crown turns 1 1/2 to lock. Is there a Seiko minimum for quality control on this before the watch is toast or needs service/rebuild? Is this something to be concerned about or do I worry too much?

6309 - Bezel is very tight. Upon removal, the notches seem a bit deep and the metal a bit soft. It's an after-market bezel of questionable quality. The o-ring does not bind. Any quick fixes? Maybe sand the notch side down a bit and buff it? The ball and spring work fine.

I don't really want to return either of them, but if I must I must.

Thanks,
Curt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
from what I can tell from those pictures, both watches seem to have a number of aftermarket parts. My guess is that these watches were reconditioned and where once in much worse shape. That would explain the lack of crown turns in your 7002.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isthmus said:
from what I can tell from those pictures, both watches seem to have a number of aftermarket parts. My guess is that these watches were reconditioned and where once in much worse shape. That would explain the lack of crown turns in your 7002.
Yes, good eye. This was noted all up front from the seller and imo reflected in the pricing. 1 1/2 crown turns on the 7002 was not noted however. I read through the forum information, several times, regarding purchasing these two models ahead of time and know what is said about 1 1/2 turns being a minimum. But I'm wondering if there is an actual Seiko minimum and if 1 1/2 turns would be a deal breaker for other forum members or should I worry.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
curtisjf said:
Yes, good eye. This was noted all up front from the seller and imo reflected in the pricing. 1 1/2 crown turns on the 7002 was not noted however. I read through the forum information, several times, regarding purchasing these two models ahead of time and know what is said about 1 1/2 turns being a minimum. But I'm wondering if there is an actual Seiko minimum and if 1 1/2 turns would be a deal breaker for other forum members or should I worry.
Quick fix suggestion to solve the lesser crown turns: buy a NOS crown. Around $ 35 from the known sellers around here. It's worth it, IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Chris said:
Quick fix suggestion to solve the lesser crown turns: buy a NOS crown. Around $ 35 from the known sellers around here. It's worth it, IMO.
That of course assumes that the threading problems are in the crown and not the crown tube (or both). Good suggestion, but to add to it, he should first check the watch and determine the cause before proceeding further.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Isthmus said:
That of course assumes that the threading problems are in the crown and not the crown tube (or both). Good suggestion, but to add to it, he should first check the watch and determine the cause before proceeding further.
An extra crown won't hurt to keep it as spares in the future, supposing the problem lies in the case tube, don't you agree?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts