The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diver?.."Digital".."Analogue".."Both"... "Sensor".."200m" Solution..>>>

One of these fits the Bill perfectly.It just does exactly what it says on the TIN and has all of the above ;)

Citizens Promaster Aqualand Eco Drive JV0010-08E Full Round Case.

I have dived with this watch a few times now and can confirm the depth Sensor works faultlessly and is very Accurate Depth Wise.

So here is what i class as an All round Divers Tool Watch.Some Prefer the D shaped version which i also have but the Round Version is just so Different. ;)

·
Administrator
28,486 Posts
Re: Diver?.."Digital".."Analogue".."Both"... "Sensor".."200m" Solution..>>>

What sort of depth would you normally dive to Neil ? and on say a deep dive (i don't know what is considered deep) how long would you be under water from start to surfacing ? does the dial show up well when you are "deep" ?

·
Registered
24,639 Posts

Very Nice Watch My Friend Neil :bravo_2: :bravo_2: :bravo_2: No Name for that one :))

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

John,i have took this quote from my Dive instructor and added to it so its easier to explain.

Assuming the dive is your first (no residual nitrogen in your system or Body in Laymans Terms) you can dive at 50 ft. for 80 min with no decompression according to PADI and NAUI tables.You should always do a safety stop for 1-5 min at 10-20 ft. though regardless.Works for me! :great:
However, it is important to note that dive tables (SSI, NAUI, PADI, Navy...) and Scuba Dive Watches and computers will often give different answers because they use different models based on different data. They use this information to model how quickly nitrogen is being taken up and released by your different tissue compartments in your body and at what point bubbles can form that will result in decompression sickness (DCS). A responsible diver will understand the basis for the table or computer he/she uses and dive responsibly within those limits while taking other factors such as physical fitness, age and water conditions into account. Thats me and you out of it...... :57: That said John, although it is important to understand the basis for the tables,I don't know any diver who uses tables in practice.They are impractical and seriously cut down on bottom time. For instance, unless you carefully plan out a multilevel dive beforehand you are stuck calculating bottom time, surface interval and residual nitrogen based on the deepest depth you reached, regardless of how long you spent at that depth. So even if you spend an hour at 30 feet and only went down to 50 feet to look at a shell, you would still be stuck doing your calculations based on 50 feet! A computer on the other hand will calculate based on how much time you spent at every depth during the entire course of the dive.So Basically John it depends on the depth of the dive as to how long you can remain underwater (if that makes any Sense to you ) It also means you can spend too much time working out tables underwater and miss half your bloody dive. ;)
Scuba Diving can be a pain at times with the Rules John but its all safety in mind and better to be safe than sorry.I suppose its like the panic you get when you do actually run out of air in your tank and your 40-50m down with a lot of weight on your back.Its an eye opener beleive me.Freediving is so much more convenient for me as long as you can hold your breath of course for a while as theres no Limits on the Dive Depth and the Time is only limited to your Lung Capacity and ability to stay down there.Takes a bit of Practice John.I regularly Dive Freediving down to 50m plus on one breath.The best watch visibilty wise i have found is the Ecozillas with their big hands and plain Dials,The Orange hands on this Model ive shown do stand out also very well.As for Deep John Anything over 50m is classed as a deep Dive Scuba Wise.Technical stuff mate ;)

TheTigerUK said:

What sort of depth would you normally dive to Neil ? and on say a deep dive (i don't know what is considered deep) how long would you be under water from start to surfacing ? does the dial show up well when you are "deep" ?

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

David its Huge and very Round. but the BFA (big freakin aqualand) works for me.

DAHASCO said:
Very Nice Watch My Friend Neil :bravo_2: :bravo_2: :bravo_2: No Name for that one :))

·
Registered
526 Posts

Great dive watches indeed,Neil! :iagree:

I used to own the ''D'' shaped one in titanium,now long gone :-[

·
Registered
24,639 Posts

TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
David its Huge and very Round. but the BFA (big freakin aqualand) works for me.

You are The King, So let it be so :) BFA it is :great: Funny how things come full circle.............

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

Really nice watch,and thanks for some dive info,alway`s intresting to read something like that :bravo_2:

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks Ian,It is quite a heavy watch even with Rubber but i am sure it only ever came on Rubber with no Bracelet available.

iwaddell said:
Great dive tool watch there.

Plus also a good read with the dive info.

It sure will help you get to the Bottom with that strapped on :)

·
Registered
12,328 Posts

got the same watch, and also used for dives, its a great tool diver!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts