The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this brand ? I know their watches are massive in size but they also have a "Mini Daddy Diesel" watch that looks wearable due to it's smaller size .

·
Registered
657 Posts
Me too. I feel they go more for the latest fads & trends than craftsmanship & style.

·
Registered
657 Posts
There are plenty of "cheap" watches with style; Casio springs to mind initially. The problem with trends and fads is that they usually go away (quickly) and you're left with a watch you're embarrassed to wear. Obviously this doesn't happen every time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, what about Diesel watches interests you?
The look of the watch

p.s. I bought it already but this is the smaller Mini Daddy version and it felt comfortable when I tried it on. There is no way I would have bought the massive regular Diesel

Lo and behold what I just discovered, Diesel is made by the same guys ( Fossil ) that make the Emporium Armani watches. As such then it can't be so "terrible" because I have owned my Emporium Armani Automatic watch for over one year now and have had no problems with it. Does Fossil make all the designer watches ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you like the looks and the price...why not.
The inside is mosly only air with a small low cost movement.

Men

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If you like the looks and the price...why not.
The inside is mosly only air with a small low cost movement.

Men
"the inside is mostly only air" that explains why the watch is so light.

Anyways the watch is going back tomorrow. It looks nice but is very uncomfortable to wear. I am going to look at a digital Movado watch , where one presses the button and the time lights up. However I have reconsidered this option because if the Sun shines on it it won't be readable and I also don't like its synthetic band either

·
The Joker
31,468 Posts
"the inside is mostly only air" that explains why the watch is so light.

Anyways the watch is going back tomorrow. It looks nice but is very uncomfortable to wear. I am going to look at a digital Movado watch , where one presses the button and the time lights up. However I have reconsidered this option because if the Sun shines on it it won't be readable and I also don't like its synthetic band either
Your comments emphasize why there are so many different watch brands/models at so many different price levels. Good luck in finding your ideal.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Me too. I feel they go more for the latest fads & trends than craftsmanship & style.
They go for the latest fads because Diesel is a fashion company. Watches are just another product for them to sell. I don't think they try to cater to people who buy watches for craftsmanship.
Craftsmanship is a broad term. To be honest I wouldn't consider a Chinese made Seiko or entry level Orient as having any more craftsmanship in it than a Diesel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts