The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im baffled, interested to hear opinions & ideas as these are identical but for the missing obvious............... I know Seiko did some oddities but this is defo a new one on me. Both from the same retired watchmaker who's had them for years & as is the quality of both is the same... Thoughts please anyone.

Attachments

·
Special Member
7,478 Posts
That is Odd Stefan. The 55M02's only went on King Seikos like the 5625/5626 series as far as I know. My 5626-7170 has the 55M02 with the KS logo in silver.

Any chance at all they could be aftermarket?

·
Vendor
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is Odd Stefan. The 55M02's only went on King Seikos like the 5625/5626 series as far as I know. My 5626-7170 has the 55M02 with the KS logo in silver.

Any chance at all they could be aftermarket?
I doubt it as these have been laying in stock for approx 30 yrs & came from a Seiko authorised watchmaker, So i dont know what to make of them as they are identical & the same quality, Ive always found the AM to be poor quality 95% of the time.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well it must just be some option that may not be so common...they do look very nice quality

·
Special Member
7,478 Posts
Maybe like a rare mis-strike coin, these become more valuable.

Again as a 55M02 I believe they only went onto King Seikos so lack of KS logo is an enigma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts