The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi my name is Reinold and I want to share a short story with you today.
After one week of scrutinising a vague photo on a website of an auction and many hours of comparing the out of poor quality photo with the photos of the poor man's divers on the web, I took the gamble and started bidding on the lot today. Lot 494 with 11 old mostly cheap watches. However, there was a Seiko 5 :) and.......what I believe to be a Seiko 7005-8050.
There were some other bidders but I won the bidding and for only a little bit over the high estimate of 50 GBP.
Now its waiting time till the delivery man brings me my treasure. But is it a poor man's diver? and is it working and original? Who knows. I will know very soon.
Here's the prize.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Welcome to SCWF Reinold!
You'll need 5 posts to share an external picture. Or simply use the paper clip icon (in the "advanced" editor) and attach the file to your post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, learned how to upload the photo.
I'm also interested in the Timex on the left. The rest may be good to help me learn about movements and cleaning and what not.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You certainly did get yourself a 7005-8050, and it looks like a nice blue dialled one to boot. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
12,651 Posts
well done - you're on your way now !

·
Special Member
5,103 Posts
Good eye there Reinold, and welcome to the scwf. Coincidentally, a couple days ago I read Tristan’s thread when he got his, and also saw Jonas’ blue dial like yours. They all look great and I would like any I can get but would love the white dial one. Congratulations!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just heard that the black dial is a 'dirty dozen www watch' I should have known. Missed it completely. But the other guy fully paid for it i guess. It's a holy grail for some collectors.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yeah, just heard about these in the time4apint podcast. Post-WW2 issued (and non-issued, apparently) watches made by 12 companies. Seems to be a good example, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts