The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew of someone or somewhere i could purchase aftermarket dials for the 7002 series of dive watches?

Thanks,

A.J.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
To my knowledge the only sellers that regulalry produce after market dials, who have made decent ones for the 7002 are Noah Fuller and Jake Bourdea. There are som sellers from the philipines who make reproductions of th eoriginal black dial and an infinite variety of alternate colors, but the dial print quality tends to be rather bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One other question I have would be, can I use the 7s26 dials on the 7002? If so what type of modifications would need to be done in order for it to fit properly?

Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't think you can put a 7S26 dial on a 7002 movement unless it's a no-date dial. Otherwise there will be a big open hole where the 7S26 reveals the day. The 7002 shows date only, plus the feet aren't in quite the same position as the 7S26.

If you get a 6R15 / 4R15 or a 7S26 date-only dial, you can take the feet off and secure the dial to the movement using dial strips/dots.

Your best bet for obtaining a nice 7002 dial is getting an original dial (take it from a parts watch), or getting an aftermarket dial that isn't trying to mimic the original (like one from Jake or Noah like Isthmus suggested).

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Having just modded a 7002 a few weeks ago, I can speak to some of these things. There isn't a lot out there. Most of the available dials have feet in the wrong place, for example. What I did was stop worrying about it, and ordered a set of hands and a new face from Yobokies. Trimmed the feet off, used dial dots, and got a functional result. I also switched out the bezel insert.

I didn't mean for it to be a poor-man's Sumo, but that's how it turned out. I'm actually quite happy with the result.

If you want a stock dial, I just happen to have the dead-stock original dial for this watch in my parts box, as well as the hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts