The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dial down on a 7015 movement all was good and the balance was working nicely. Dial up and the watch stops. Vertically good as well. First thought is balance pivot broken but no all good there. I listen carefully as I flip the watch over and can here something loose that stops the watch. Maybe the the third wheel or the escape wheel have broken pivots but they look good as well. Lots of head scratching and swearing at this point because I have taken this watch apart several times. Carefully look at balance and the ruddy screw that holds the stud in place is loose!!!!!! A quick tighten up and all is good. Its often the simplest solution that gets a job done but I always go for the most complicated!!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Sorted:93:

There is no substitute for close visual inspection, just think of all that free entertainment you have had:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
And to think you are going to enjoy that same watch all over again
.......... Melt. Another celebration on a job well done there.
Now to the next one, :57:but be sure to check everything out before
you close it up again.
It was a promising experience was it not ............ Melt ?
The Good Watch Doctor did not go completely ......
:91: mad yet right ?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Balance jewel or bushing hole is enlarged so the balance pivot goes too far down in it and starts getting in to the actual shaft. Do you have a lot of up and down movement in the balance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts