The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a SKX off the TF to TST from Tritto (great to deal with) all complete but with a dial "repair".

Perfect buy for TSTing and Tristian pointed out that at some time the dial had been repaired, looks like it had some how lost its dial feel and to repair it the dial had been drilled through and new dial feet stuck in place :)

In all honesty on the wrist and under the crystal you can't really see it but a replacement new dial would only set you back $15...........

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer Paul but I have a dial in mind, appreciated though.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thanks for your kind words John. The guy I bought this off told me that he took it to a local jeweller who charged him $80 for this 'repair'. He then took it back to the jeweller because it stopped and they told him it would need a full service. He decided to cut his losses and buy something new. What quickly became apparent was that the fat end of the second hand was catching on the minute hand and stopping it in its tracks. The poor fitting of the hands by the incompetent jeweller cost him a perfectly serviceable watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Thanks for your kind words John. The guy I bought this off told me that he took it to a local jeweller who charged him $80 for this 'repair'. He then took it back to the jeweller because it stopped and they told him it would need a full service. He decided to cut his losses and buy something new. What quickly became apparent was that the fat end of the second hand was catching on the minute hand and stopping it in its tracks. The poor fitting of the hands by the incompetent jeweller cost him a perfectly serviceable watch.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:banghead: :banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts