The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

Ok, so I have learned to re-lume hands pretty well now, thought I would move on to dials.

A totally different kettle of fish.

Need some tips from those who know better - how do you guys paint a lume dot that is perfectly circular?

And even more challenging, how do you make sure all the lume dots are of equal size?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Don't know, but I've done a few rep rolex dials before, I used a cocktail stick and capillary action to get the lume into the pips.
Looking at other styles of dial I'd have to use my smallest oiler to get the lume in place.
I'm sure a dial guru will be along soon to school us in how it's done, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
re

Hi,

With say a Seiko 6309 round marker dial you have NO border guides so you basically have to use a good loupe, good lighting and your hand to eye coordination (fine motor skills) which does take practise.

With say a 6105 dial that has markers with wells its alittle easier.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... yes I meant dials without borders around the markers, and I do use a slightly more liquid mixture for dials.

My first attempt I only managed to get 2 of the dots to be uniformly circular and equal size, the rest were varying sizes and shapes :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts