The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance but I wanted to ask..........Will a Seiko 6105-8000/9 dial replace that of a 6105-8110 dial or are there size differences?
I happened to find a local watchmaker here in town who has a dial from both a 8000 and 8009 and I'm hoping it will work? Any ideas?? TIA

·
Registered
24,695 Posts
Definetly will drop right in. ;)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAHASCO said:
Definetly will drop right in. ;)
Thanks!! That's sweet to know!!! IF the price is right on them I'm going to buy em both! He also "claims" to have hands etc for them as well! Waiting patiently for his reply either today or tomorrow!

·
Registered
24,695 Posts
If he has hands, I need a second hand if you would. Or a set, Seriously :great:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Some 6105-8009 Dials are Rest Dials As in 6105-8009 Rest Dial and Rest case back So That dial would be the same as the Rest 811X dial

Some 6105-8000 also Have rest Dials Are they Swapped over the years ??? The difference if the 8009/8000 dial reads Proof other then that they are the same dial.

The indices on the Rest Dial are Matt finish the Dials on the Proof Dial is Very Shinny.

Buy both dials Sell one and let it pay for both. A Good Dial either one "a little piece of Gold"
Win /Win so many are needing Dials and IMHO they are worth Very Good Money The face of the watch.
Good Luck

·
Registered
444 Posts
Seikozen said:
The indices on the Rest Dial are Matt finish the Dials on the Proof Dial is Very Shinny.
Not always, Russell. It's hard to tell from this pic, but my early Resist 6105-8009 (January 1970) has shiny frames around the indices. I wouldn't be surprised to see matte frames on a late Proof dial. Seems like Seiko is always doing something like that to throw us on our toes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts