The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously I cannot see the wood for the trees ok, right my 7002 mod needed the hands resetting so the date changed at 12.
During this process the dial came loose so I removed it to re seat it, now when I put the dial ring in place it's outer circumference is greater than the dial.
When the movement is placed in the case it won't sit flush trying to prod it gently in doesnt help, then when I put the movement ring in and reinsert the stem and screw the back down ( not all the way) to try and seat the dial correctly there is lots of resistance on the stem when pulling it to the set position, also it seems the case back is pressing down on the rotor that in turns actually stops the movement running completely.
So has anyone got a picture or two of the fitment of the dial ring and movement ring so I can orientate mine to the correct position.
What's gripping me at the moment is the fact that I had it all installed and screwed down and working perfectly before I decided to donthe date fix and now I just can't figure it out, go figure haha

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Worth a try if not already done.......Is the dial ring in the correct position with the cut out facing the stem? And is the dial ring the correct way up? Does it seat better on the movement the other way?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've looked at the tech sheets and I'm doing the way they say, I'm totally miffed by why it's not seating properly!!

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
The 7002 dial ring is normally slightly larger in circumference than the dial, the raised lip should be facing down towards the movement. The cut out should be a 4 oclock, if its not it wont pass by the stem tube and will cause the movement to sit lopsided
There is always a very slight but even gap between the dial and the chapter ring on the 7002.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, a had a sit down last night and had a play, well I'll be darned, bloodynthing went together like a dream. I have no idea as to what was wrong or what ive done different but it now sits properly and the stem is sweet as a nut in operation.
So thanks guys for all the help good info, that ive taken onboard for future reference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts