The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dial dot application and dial position advice - more help

Ok just waiting a dial to fit to this 7546 movement- I have removed the day wheels as it's not req for the dial
Any tips on where to place the dots( on the movement spacer?) and best way to align the dial prior to placement
Do I need the c washer on the movement- will removing it allow the dial to sit too close to the movement?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's important to stick the dial on in exactly the position. I've attached a chart I made to help do this - just print it off. First I place the ring in the middle of the chart and mark the 12 points around the outside of the ring with a fine tip pen. Then I put small spots of glue (evo stick) all around the top of the ring and stick the dial on. Before the glue dries I put the dial+ring back in the middle of the chart and adjust the dial position until it is correct all the way round.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great so print the chart off, place just the dial ring centrally all on it (I've already marked the 12 position) Mark off the 12 numbered positions on the dial ring.
Put the dial dots around the dial ring.
Then should I put the ring back on the movement then attach the dial.
I should be able to align the dial with the date (position it centrally)??
I'm a Lille concerned about the hands hole being central:undecided:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't use the movement. I keep the ring centered on the chart using the circles in the middle of the chart. Align the cut-out in the ring (for the stem) with the three or four o'clock position on the chart. Then stick on the dial. Adjust the ring and dial so they are centred and rotated correctly using the chart. It's got to be spot on, even half a millimeter error will be easy to spot when the watch is assembled if the dial and the chapter ring have minute marks.

Getting the dial stuck in the right place is only half the battle - assembling the watch with a free floating chapter ring and dial can be tricky too...

Hopefully somebody has an easier, fool-proof method ???

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You can always find a dial ring like this they are often grey.
It locks in the dial ring to the movement and means the movement holding ring is not need. Found on dress 6309 watches.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Merritt thanks I'll look for one - I presume I would use this as opposed to the one on my pic
Btw dots arrived safe and sound- thank youl

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I've got the hand and dial now:)
What's the easiest way to remove the feet ready to fit to the new dial
Please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts