The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife set a note pad on top of my demagnetizer and it held the button down for over a week. So glad it didn't start a fire. She got a good talking to about being around the equipment.

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
cool. take it apart and check out the insides.

Likely something inside shorted out and opened the circuit before it could go thermonuclear ....

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Yikes. You really lucked out there. I've got a similar cheap demagnetizer, switch went out so I soldered it directly to the transformer. I just have to insert and pull the plug from the outlet now. I'd advise against leaving in plugged in, even with functioning switch. It's really cheap and looks more for 12volt than AC current. (the insides)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yikes! I know all too well about house fires started by electrical means. I’m happy nothing bad happened here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep did the same and left something on top, I thought it was the ultrasonic as that was running as well until I saw the smoke.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
I'd be changing that switch, for a heavy sprung momentary toggle! Or put a buzzer in it!!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
As others have stated - glad it wasn't worse ;-(

My demagnatiser is just a coil, lead and plug wrapped in waxy cotton(ish) tape. It would've been hand made by some ancient watchmaker decades ago!

I plug it in, use it, unplug and put away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts