The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Seikos for a lot of reasons and have owned several over many years. I've always loved diver watches but found my Sumo too heavy for daily wear. I swim and snorkel so would like a reasonably waterproof watch good enough looking to wear with a sport jacket. I also want something easy to read and good lume for checking the time at night.

What I'd dearly love for Christmas is a Seiko re-issue of the 62 MAS. It should retain the acrylic crystal, which is rugged and easy to buff scratches out of, and 150m underwater rating- which is plenty- lets face it- who really needs 300m? I need the date feature and wouldn't mind the day also, at it should retain the signed crown at 3 o'clock and the pierced lugs for easy strap change. It should come on a strap similar to the vintage Tropic straps I have always loved so much. Keep it light and simple. Use a winding/hacking movement and lumibrite, and keep the original look.

Wishing you, Mrs Claus and the elves and reindeer the very best for Christmas 2014 and the New Year.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Just in case Santa does work at/with Seiko, and monitors this site, I agree in principle, but would prefer sapphire, and please don't put the day on the otherwise beautiful uncluttered dial.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case Santa does work at/with Seiko, and monitors this site, I agree in principle, but would prefer sapphire, and please don't put the day on the otherwise beautiful uncluttered dial.
tal,

I'm sticking with an acrylic crystal, but I'll grant you the no day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts