The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that my SBBN013 Darth Tuna has only gained about half a second in the last two weeks, really impressed - I'd expect that in a thermocompensated movement but not a regular 7C46.
Recently acquired a SBQJ015 Spirit GMT with the high-accuracy 8F56 movement (supposedly 20 seconds per year), so far the seconds hand is in sync with the Tuna, be interesting to see how long they stay together.
Steve

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Same here. My 23yo 7c46-7009 has been serviced last year and is gaining about 1 sec/month currently.... My 2yo sbbn007 gains about 3 or 4 sec/month... not bad at all imo...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a few 7C46 powered watches.

Some are very accurate, within 2 seconds a month.

I have one SBBN007 which is pretty fast..about 9 seconds a month fast. It can be adjusted ( by cutting the print ) but this can't be reversed. I leave it like it is.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Luka-San said:
I have a few 7C46 powered watches.

Some are very accurate, within 2 seconds a month.

I have one SBBN007 which is pretty fast..about 9 seconds a month fast. It can be adjusted ( by cutting the print ) but this can't be reversed. I leave it like it is.

^-^ Not that I would wan't to do it, but could you please explain how you adjust by cutting the print !! ??? Bob.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
^-^ Thanks Luka,

As you say a bit risky, :-\ it's a shame they could not put in a small trimmer screw to mess with ;D Bob.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coming up to a month - still less than one second gained on my 7C46 equipped SBBN013 - very happy, the hands still moving in sync with my SBQJ015 which is intended to be within +20 seconds per year with its 8F56.
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts