The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi vintage Seiko lovers,

I am bidding on this lovely (if polished) old Seiko...

But the price has gone to US$500, and I don't think I want it that bad! :eek:

It is hard not to get caught up in the competitive part of bidding against someone else (Mine! Mine! Mine, mine, MINE!) but I am having trouble justifying the cost for it. :confused:

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you folks...

Just those small comments have talked me off the ledge, so thank you! :):)

So now I am after these!! :eek:hmy:

Bwhahaha! :eek:

- Thomas

·
Registered
111 Posts
Way over-priced, way over-polished: don't have any regrets, you will find soon a beautiful one with nice wabi-sabi for half the price and with double real value ;)

Cheers,
Mathieu

·
Registered
111 Posts
No, no, that's not right Mathieu! :grin: Go for it! (Although if it is only you and I, we should collude!! :p )

- Thomas
No no no, I won't go! Thanks to you I have now a very good reason not to bid on this one :c017:
Just had thought a moment that it would make a nice pair with the exactly same (but black-dialed) model I got recently... Totally Superfluous Whim :57:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No no no, I won't go! Thanks to you I have now a very good reason not to bid on this one :c017:
Just had thought a moment that it would make a nice pair with the exactly same (but black-dialed) model I got recently... Totally Superfluous Whim :57:

Bah! So now it is me and Mr Levity in a battle to the death! :grin: Two go in...

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Learning...

I wouldn't even bother to look at that guy's stuff.

Thank you gentlemen, I am learning!! :grin:

By the way, Dave "croolis" has sent me a PM about a couple of his Lordmatic watches he is willing to sell. :rolleyes: Do you recommend this senior member from Malta and vintage watch purveyor?

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, my heart!! :-/

Yikes! These eBay auctions are stressful!! :eek:hmy:

I am used to auctions where a bid increases the amount of time for other bids.

These just become a free-for-all in the last few seconds!! :eek: If you can't respond fast enough, or have not set your "max bid" to your real spend limit, you can get run right over!! :(

- Thomas

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yikes! These eBay auctions are stressful!! :eek:hmy:

I am used to auctions where a bid increases the amount of time for other bids.

These just become a free-for-all in the last few seconds!! :eek: If you can't respond fast enough, or have not set your "max bid" to your real spend limit, you can get run right over!! :(

- Thomas
Yes Thomas, I think that on eBay "sniping" is the best method.
Did you got the nice 6206 with Kanji day-wheel ?

Cheers,
Mathieu

1 - 19 of 19 Posts