The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this one at a very very good price and i must say that the case of the watch seems very much like my monster and still there is something off and then again my love for divers tell me that it has some charm to it (beside the Seiko vx42) and i am wondering if might be possible to find a dial and some hands that can fit the movement ! Anyone know if this can be done ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
This is a Chinese made watch that is sold under a whole TON of different brands by a bunch of different companies. Usually the main differences between one brand and another are the dial and brand name. every now and then you see different hands/strap/movement combinations. I'm surprised this one has a seiko movement in it. Most of the ones I've seen had miyota movements in them. Still from what I've read they are very solid little pieces and fairly inexpensive. Nice catch!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup many many many brands sell them and almost all look like this one, but i would love to find out if any Seiko dials can fit. I must look into this, and break out the tools :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is this for a mod :) The 6309 dial fits the inside of the case ! Had a blown 6309 movement with dial i popped in. Note the movement will not fit ! I dont know if the 7S26 will but the dials will fit the the stock VX42 and maybe i have to use some sticky markers to mount the dial. As for hands i dont know but i bet some 007 hands would look good one of Noah's dials in this one ;)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts