The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad needed a smaller, and more importantly, a lighter watch than his Swiss Army 500m Dive Master. His parameters were Seiko, quartz, bracelet, and screw down crown. After much research, including this forum, I settled on the SNE107. For $150 it is indeed a lot of watch for the money. I hope he likes it.

The watch on the right is a good friend of mines. It was his dad's watch and my friend wanted it brought back to life. He didn't even know if it worked. Off to my watchmaker it went. After a new battery, crystal, and ultra sound cleaning, it is indeed alive and well.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
well i got my dad a very similar one to the right one and he loves it...both look great

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent the watches off to my dad and friend. Had to have the bracelets sized by wrist measurements. Fingers crossed that works.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My dad has a 6119 6003 from my mum in lieue of an engagement ring .. its lost the original bracelet over the years, and for many years the date change mechanism was broken but I got that fixed using parts from a donor movement.. its one of my favourite Seiko styles even now and probably what got me into buying more Seikos than I really need..

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
well they did a great job on friends watch...looks great and great find for dad too

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the 5H23 on my friend's wrist. He loves it. My dad also received his today, and while no wrist shot, he too is very pleased.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts