The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Craftsman
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this article in Fratello. I am not a big Christopher Ward fan but thought the execution of this GMT Worldtimer was particularly well done. Reminds me a lot of the Seiko 6117 World Timers and the Navigator Timers. Maybe it is the look of the case or execution of the dial and the splash of color. I could own this watch. Uses a Stellita SW330 movement with accuracy to +/- 20 sec per day. Price appears to be slightly more than $1,000 US.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Saw this article in Fratello. I am not a big Christopher Ward fan but thought the execution of this GMT Worldtimer was particularly well done. Reminds me a lot of the Seiko 6117 World Timers and the Navigator Timers. Maybe it is the look of the case or execution of the dial and the splash of color. I could own this watch. Uses a Stellita SW330 movement with accuracy to +/- 20 sec per day. Price appears to be slightly more than $1,000 US.

It's certainly a good looking and well finished watch.
It doesn't remind me of the above Seikos - much.
I also think it's too expensive (I hardly ever say that about watches) as there are mirobrands offering similar GMT's for at least half that and they're well designed and good quality.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That's a really nice looking watch! I like the world cities bezel - a really handy feature to determine the time elsewhere in the world without having to remember time zone differences.

My only beef is the SW300 movement, or rather the GMT module, which has a jumping GMT hand, not jumping hour. On Seiko GMTs (and also Rolex and Omega), the stem at the first click will jump the main hour hand forward or backward; on 3rd-party module-based GMTs, like this one, the GMT hand itself jumps. It's personal preference - I like the former as it makes adjusting time much easier when you travel; but the latter is nice to keep track of where someone else is (e.g., your spouse on a work trip?) when they travel.

But, on looks alone, that watch is a winner :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts