The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Solidworks 3D SKX crown>>>

I've got the SKX crown drawn up just need to check a few important dimensions once I've collected my German digi calipers. :cool:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Impressive! Wish I knew how to use Cad programs. I'm a old school guy who uses calipers and twiddles knobs on lathes to make the cuts. Actually I enjoy using hand tools on my old 19th century clockmakers lathe :) I make balance staffs now and then for clock platforms using hand tools that measure 0.100in at the widest and 0.003in at the pivot. That's why I now need glasses!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

Hi,

Yar CAD is handy learnt that back at college around the 1990s, still learning solidworks as before I've always used Autocad which is quite different. :(

Will have to work out how to add the knurling using cuts and not faking it with rendering software!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hi,

Yar CAD is handy learnt that back at college around the 1990s, still learning solidworks as before I've always used Autocad which is quite different. :(

Will have to work out how to add the knurling using cuts and not faking it with rendering software!
I've not used either of those. Last CAD experience I had was in the '90s with Pro/ENGINEER. It was way ahead of its time. With Pro/E, you create the part in three dimensions (using extrusions, rotations, etc.) and it creates the drawings for you. Cool stuff.

I quite like the look of the genuine 7S26-0020 crown, but if I had to chose a replacement, I'd go with third from left in the bottom photo.

What I would really like is a rotating ring (sometimes called "bezel") for the 8L35-0010 Marine Master that takes a standard alumin(i)um insert. What I'm going for is more of a 6159-7000 look. Maybe I'll make a prototype on a 3-D printer one of these days.

Good luck!

Myles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts