The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this cool little '76 2205-0760 for my 9yo daughter. Want to replace the crystal but having trouble locating one. Can anyone help? Jules Borel lists it as pn 190G05GCS.

Excuse the pic! I'm currently out of the country and the wife took it :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
great watch i am restoring one..that crystal may clean up too

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally I would give it a polish but I'm away from home for the next 2 months(and hence my polishing equipment). Wanted to find a replacement so I could surprise her with the watch when they come join me in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you want to send it to me in the UK I will polish it for you? Free of charge of course but you'll need to just pay towards the postage which shouldn't be much.

Tony

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want to send it to me in the UK I will polish it for you? Free of charge of course but you'll need to just pay towards the postage which shouldn't be much.

Tony
Mate

That is very kind of you! The watch is currently in the US and the wife will bring it to Australia (where I'm workin) in a couple weeks. I wanted to quickly swap a crystal and give it a clean/new strap before giving it to my daughter. Really wanted to avoid the prolonged project that most of them seem to be these days:D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mate

That is very kind of you! The watch is currently in the US and the wife will bring it to Australia (where I'm workin) in a couple weeks. I wanted to quickly swap a crystal and give it a clean/new strap before giving it to my daughter. Really wanted to avoid the prolonged project that most of them seem to be these days:D
No worries you can't beat a nice new crystal :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The seller Cannop mentioned above is Seikoforever on the bay located in Thailand. Anyone have issue with a crystal purchased from him or that area in general? I would normally source a Seiko crystal but this being a less popular model it seems that's not possible and I'm tired of ordering up inferior AM crystals. :undecided:

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The seller Cannop mentioned above is Seikoforever on the bay located in Thailand. Anyone have issue with a crystal purchased from him or that area in general? I would normally source a Seiko crystal but this being a less popular model it seems that's not possible and I'm tired of ordering up inferior AM crystals. :undecided:

Any input appreciated.

Cheers
Bought a 6105 crystal from him before, it fitted good but the dome feature is kinda low from the original. It's cheap though ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts