The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im only new and dont have much clue about posting. I have been reading posts and trying to find out how you go about putting a new crown stem in a seiko 6217-8001 seiko divers watch. If anyone can point me in the right direction to a previous post or tell me what to press to release the crown stem I'd be very grateful. I think my late uncle did not like such a big crown and had it filed down so it did not stick out as far. On the advice of a very good chap he recommended I join this website and read up on seiko watches. I've had seikos since I was a kid and always stuck to them. and have had one citizen digital watch and one citizen divers. a couple of solar sports 100's one still going the other stolen. That was a great watch had solar power and battery lasted 5 years. Have a 6217 and 6105 , 7002-7000A , skx009k2 and some digital seikos a bulethead clonker of a watch that has made my left arm longer than my right because it was so heavy my left arm is 2cm longer than my right. I blame the watch as it weighed allot.
If you know of a repair manual for the 6217-8001 I would love to read it before attempting to change the crown stem and reloom the hands. It is all original and dont know if its better to leave it allone or reloom. What,s the best if I ever go to sell it.
Many thanks in advance for any help
Best Regards Time 4 icecream

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome, glad you found your way here. I've sent you an email with some info which hopefully answers your question re stem removal.
I don't think there's a technical guide for the 6217 but there are many others here http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html
You can generally pick up the info you need from technical guides for similar movements.
How about posting some pics of your watches?
Hope this helps.
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts