The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for a crown for a Seiko 66-7991. It should be a 55w02ns1 - which it proving hard to track down at a cost that justifies the value of the finished watch.

Does anyone know what else uses this crown. It's a large waterproof, manual winding crown to fit a pipe 2.6mm OD and 1.75mm ID. Stem is a 0.9mm?

Rgrds
C

Attachments

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Cousins have them in GP if your prepared to paint/Plate it? Or they have a 55W04NS1 but not sure if it will fit...worth a punt at £3

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. I order a gold crown from Cousins, but also a pack of 3 generic crowns - which fit perfectly. This is a usable replacement for a 55W02NS1

Tap 9 x Ø5.50mm x 2.50mm, Steel Colour
C35471
PACK*3 1 £1.22

Dial was beyond saving, so sprayed with a fine metalic flake and re-assembled. case tidied up and movement serviced. Nice 'little' seiko from Sep 1967 - probably a little too small for my wrist but a joy to work on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Problem solved. I order a gold crown from Cousins, but also a pack of 3 generic crowns - which fit perfectly. This is a usable replacement for a 55W02NS1

Tap 9 x Ø5.50mm x 2.50mm, Steel Colour
C35471
PACK*3 1 £1.22

Dial was beyond saving, so sprayed with a fine metalic flake and re-assembled. case tidied up and movement serviced. Nice 'little' seiko from Sep 1967 - probably a little too small for my wrist but a joy to work on.
Great job and very nice respray. I have a 6602 needs a new crown and a respray. I will look at the alternative generic Cousins crown. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts