The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have noticed that Creation Watches have some pretty nice Seiko and Citizen watches for sale on their web site. Their prices seem very good too, especially with free postage to the UK.

It all seems very good indeed, which leads me to ask - do members know of any disadvantage in ordering from the UK?

Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Never bought from them but I have only heard good things said about them :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have bought twice from them, one being a new SKX007 that once taken apart went straight to Tiger to become a TST.

The other was a MkII Stargate.

This led to two mates also buying from them.
No concerns at all, I had quick delivery even and big savings too.
Just take notice of the model codes in case you want the Japanese assembled watches and not the Korean versions which save a fraction more cost.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info.
Based on your comments, I think my first watch purchase of 2015 will be with them, then. Also, my first Citizen. I also quite fancy a SKX007.
For some reason, I prefer to go for Japanese assembled, even though they are probably as good as each other.

Quick question - what is a TST?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Creation can be be brilliant...but....they can be really quite poor too...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/creationwatches-com-bad-story-1070776.html

They're usually the cheapest prices around and if your watch is fine then all is good. If there's a problem with it then that's a totally different story.

Have a look at their returns policy - it states quite clearly that they expect you to pay to return a faulty watch and they also state they will deduct the cost of their original postage from your refund.

So you order a watch that arrives not working and you have to pay 2 lots of postage just for the pleasure of having received a duff watch from them.

So..bottom line...buying from them is a gamble.....if the watch is good (and i'm sure the vast majority are) then you're golden. If the watch is faulty then you lose.

Are you a gambler?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've used Creation twice and both times received great service. You can track the progress online. Mine went from Singapore to Germany, then to East Midlands Airport and was at my front door the next morning.

I also ordered the Seiko box for another £3. No tax/duty was paid either unlike Chronograph which are also very good.

All their watches are the real deal.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I've had four watches from them with no problems or customs charges. Not sure what 2015 will hold as the courier that they came by (CityLink) has gone bust. If Royal Mail get involved it may be a different story !

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
They used DHL for my two, very impressed with their service and tracking feature.
Oops :rolleyes:
You are perfectly correct. I was looking at some old packaging thinking that a watch had come in it but it was a phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts