The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen one up for sale in a while. This one is definitely not mint and I'm not sure if it's rare enough to be worth $200 bucks but it is an interesting watch. The face besides having Presmatic written in giant letter is rather plain but it is running on a 33 jewel movement and it does have the unique crown. I kind of like it. Just not $200 dollar like!

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
hey i wonder how big they are...they are a great looking watch...i would love to get one myself...i recently sold off my dress watch...this would be a addition...

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
hey how do they wear?...feels small or just right size?....looking to find a very nice dress watch...reminds me of a king seiko

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of these, nice watch but doesn't get much wrist time

5106-9000
Now that is a nice example of a Presmatic. Frankly the 33 jewel movement is what interest me the most about it. It looks like a pretty good size case.

Michael

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The Presmatics are very well made, quality watches.

In good condition they sell for 200 USD plus - unfortunately, the 5106-9000 in the first post is far from good, IMO - the case is significantly worn and there is considerable staining on the dial.

Here are my two which I like a lot, both on original bracelet:

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
those are very nice examples for sure...now i want one...

·
Registered
791 Posts
This one has Seikomatic-P on the dial with the "p" standing for Pressmatic. It is a modestly sized watch which is a pleasure to wear and is a great dress watch. Unfortunately mine has some blemishes on the dial. In the second picture you can see the hexoganal push button in the crown which you push with a pen to change the date. At midnight the date will change instantaniously with a snap. Really cool. Also hand winds and hacks.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Hey so let me get this straight...the center of the crown moves?...that is very cool

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The 5106-7000 is a very nice watch, the patina on the dial of yours really adds character to the watch, IMO!

Here is mine on the original BOR bracelet:

5106-7000, silver sunburst 7000T AD dial
August 1967

And my 5106-9000 Presmatic on original Stelux bracelet, probably my favorite calibre 51 watch:

5106-9000, silver sunburst 9000R AD dial
July 1968

Best
H

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks Hermann, looks like we have some similarities in our collections :). The dial looks good, all fonts are crisp. Actually when I bought that 5106, I thought that the original color was pink and now is turning white, but it was the opposite. Anyway, I saw this happens to Seiko dials quite often, anybody knows why? I read somewhere that could be because trying to clean the dial with sandpaper (!?).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I vote "Yes!" for Seikomatic-P (aka Pressmatic)!

I think the Seikomatic-P (aka Pressmatic) watches are great. Classy styling, and a strong, accurate movement.

Under-appreciated and therefore often a real bargain!

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

- Thomas

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Absolutely agreed Thomas,

and a great selection of models you have there!
The 5106-8010 is another classic, love the sturdy lugs. Great to see you have both dial variants :)

My other two:

5106-7050, steel blue wave 7050R dial
September 1969

5106-8010, silver linen 8020R AD dial
September 1967

Best
H

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That is an interesting piece Dutch :)

I am still looking for a watch with a 5146 (Hi-Beat calibre 51), but the models I am interested in hardly ever come up for sale...

Hope you will like it!
Best
H

·
Registered
8 Posts
Absolutely agreed Thomas,

and a great selection of models you have there!
The 5106-8010 is another classic, love the sturdy lugs. Great to see you have both dial variants :)

My other two:

5106-7050, steel blue wave 7050R dial
September 1969

5106-8010, silver linen 8020R AD dial
September 1967

Best
H
HI There..
I'm rather new on this site but ion many others and wondering..
I recently acquired a 5106-9000 Presmatic, black dial witch came with a leather strap but looking for a 'period' bracelet. Are either of the two in your picture the original bracelets..?
Thanks
Jatco

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I recently acquired a 5106-9000 Presmatic, black dial witch came with a leather strap but looking for a 'period' bracelet. Are either of the two in your picture the original bracelets..?
The bracelet in startsomething's photo is the original bracelet for the watch, as they said, but they're hard to find.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts