The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well how about that. I was browsing through some images of the 8620 Citizen Crystron Solar to get a good pic of the original rechargeable cell that came with them, and saw this piece which was sold on Ebay in July. No big deal I thought, nice piece and with box and papers too. I knew mine was early, so when was this one made? OK. It has the serial one digit prior to (one of) mine. I think that that is pretty remarkable. I bought mine from YJ in a non-operating condition, and then this one crops up. These watches are not that uncommon.

The one that was sold on Ebay (seller's pic);

With its serial.

And then mine;

And my serial;

This is the first time I've come across a serial number that is adjacent to that of one of my watches.
Regards

Ross

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
"Of all the gin joints in all the world", what are the chances of that happening ? Consecutive serials yet different colors, what a very cool discovery for sure! Thanks for sharing that this can be a truly small world we live in.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow that's cool. I'd be tempted to buy if I were you. Great conversation piece for sure. It even comes with a manual, try to get that with a new Citizen watch.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Of all the gin joints in all the world", what are the chances of that happening ? Consecutive serials yet different colors, what a very cool discovery for sure! Thanks for sharing that this can be a truly small world we live in.
Hi, they are actually identical in colour. The angle of my photo shows the solar cells reflecting the sky. It looks a little different at each small change in angle.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that's cool. I'd be tempted to buy if I were you. Great conversation piece for sure. It even comes with a manual, try to get that with a new Citizen watch.
I think that it sold in July. Asking big money, but I don’t know what it actually sold for.

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
Actually it is quite amazing when you think about it. These two were side-by-side in the factory then departed for who knows where in the world for decades and for a brief moment their paths crossed again, if only virtually.

stuff like this is cool. thanks for sharing ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts