The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pardon me if this is in the wrong forum location, but I figured who best to answer this than those that Mod! I acquired a 6309-7290 that has an AM replacement dial, hands, and insert. It's pretty bad. So I want to take it back to its former self. I located a very nice used dial from a fellow forum member, but still searching for the rest.

I believe (please correct if I'm wrong), that the handset from the 6309-004x 7548-7000 quartz is compatible with the 7290?

Are there other models which share the same bezel insert as the 7290?

Edit: I just located the Bezel Compatibility chart which gave me the size and models. That helps!

I really appreciate the help and thank you in advance for it. :grin:

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Hands are the same shape and kook for me as the 7548, but with green lume.

The insert also has a slightly greener lume pip and I think the finish isn't as matt as the 7548 or 6309/6306 etc. But an insert from these will work. Hands, well, I seem to remember some aftermarket hands that didn't have much shape to them and had green lume, on eBay, but I have no idea whether they're still available. These are "flat" hands. If you can't see the difference then any set will do really. The meatball hand is found on 7002 and 6309s as you know.

I might have some flat spare hands but it's been a while and they might be long gone.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy, I have not been around here that long, but you have been most helpful and willing to "jump in" for those of us that need some insight. Thank you. This indeed what I was looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts