The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Special Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there doesn't seem to be too much love here for any of the renditions of the new divers. personally, I like them a lot. I only have one at the present time, but have been researching to acquire at least one more. this is a nice video of the 033, 151 and 051 (latest):

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
7,632 Posts
Interesting reviewer not as prepared as some others but thanks for posting.

To me, anyone who doesn't like the SLA033 or SPB151 is just being stuck in the past. They are both amazing watches, as you well know, having them both as do I and at least a few others here I can think of. I'd like to handle the SLA051 someday.

Certainly there are differences, but they were never supposed to be one for one likenesses. I quite like the New Willard for its size and wrist feel. If you want to be an "X hater" go right ahead. Suit yourself. I look at it and say, " oh look a modern Seiko"

Needless to say, the SLA033 is just plain one amazing timepiece and if you've never held it or owned it you don't have any basis to knock it.

Don't want one or the other or either ? Suit yourself that's ok by me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like very much the "Willard-X", the 6R35 powered ones. The SLAs are not my taste, I feel they are a bit disproportionate regarding the hands and indexes size, as was the original 6105 in my opinion. The new Willard-Xs on the other hand have beefier hands which I like a lot. What I don't like is their price. I don't feel they are 5 times better than my SKXs to justify spending 1000+€ on one.

·
Special Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like very much the "Willard-X", the 6R35 powered ones. The SLAs are not my taste, I feel they are a bit disproportionate regarding the hands and indexes size, as was the original 6105 in my opinion. The new Willard-Xs on the other hand have beefier hands which I like a lot. What I don't like is their price. I don't feel they are 5 times better than my SKXs to justify spending 1000+€ on one.
I can see your point, but let me put it in another perspective. I like the SRP watches which range anywhere from $300-1,200 depending on the model, but let's talk about the generic SRPs (the $300ish model). When they came out, I bought two (black dial and PADI) to have a currently offered beater of my favorite diver case. I also picked up a pepsi version, that was donated to my TST, and the black series version. As much as I like them, I would rather have 1 SPB over 3 SRPs. It's not even close in my mind.

I do have the 033, but will probably not pick up the newer SLAs (that's my thinking NOW ...hehe). In the very new future, I'm picking up a 153 and maybe the 239 depending on how it looks in person.

<* shark >>><

1 - 5 of 5 Posts