Registered
3,624 Posts
You got that right Kyle!
Congrats!

·
Special Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This Speedtimer bracelet turned up for sale from a new seller with low feedback very soon after the bracelets had been reproduced and were being offered on Ebay.

Real or Reproduction? Rare Original or Scammer trying to make easy $$$ from Seiko collectors?

No one was quite sure what to make of this bracelet? I was totally confused :confused:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Congrats Kyle! But I'm actually confused now. Is this original or reproduction? Or are you uncertain aswell? What about that box, is that how they were packaged? Seems relatively new for such an old box.

·
Special Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jon,

It might be nice but it's certainly not NOS like yours ;) I found the differing opinions on the bracelet were just fascinating - they were all over the place. My favorite opinion on the bracelet came from a well respected and long time speedtimer collector who IMO has one of the Best Collections out there. He told me that when he bought his speedtimers they all came on the original bracelets - Now That Is the Way to Do It ;)

·
Special Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Congrats Kyle! But I'm actually confused now. Is this original or reproduction? Or are you uncertain aswell? What about that box, is that how they were packaged? Seems relatively new for such an old box.
Initially many people viewing the auction believed the bracelet was a reproduction including myself. Then the photos were carefully analyzed and compared to originals (Thank You Tom). At some point we started to think "this thing might be real". Then the seller was contacted with lots of questions. The seller was a super nice guy, extremely helpful, and provided tons of additional photos and information about the bracelet.

I am confident it is an Authentic Original Vintage Speedtimer Bracelet... And I bought It ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well CONGRATS again! I bet you guys weren't the only ones interrogating the guy lol. Personally, I'd keep the bracelet as is in the box and then in the vault it goes

·
Special Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well CONGRATS again! I bet you guys weren't the only ones interrogating the guy lol. Personally, I'd keep the bracelet as is in the box and then in the vault it goes
When we first saw the auction many people including myself thought the box was a trick used by a professional scammer to make a newly made reproduction bracelet look like an older vintage original. Are we having fun yet? ;)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Personally, I have zero doubts that's is real. The seller did change the total number of links when I asked (first he said 9,then, 10) and I'm also putting some coin away for a possible big purchase 😁

I should have purchased the other one that had no end links tho.

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally, I have zero doubts that's is real. The seller did change the total number of links when I asked (first he said 9,then, 10) and I'm also putting some coin away for a possible big purchase &#55357;&#56833;

I should have purchased the other one that had no end links tho.

<* shark >>><
Thanks Shark! Very interesting as I also asked the seller about the links and he initially told me 10. After sending more photos of the underside I counted only 4 links on one side and I immediately shot back with -

"In your photos on ebay you can only see 4 end links on one side and I was concerned. I specifically asked you if the bracelet was full length and had 5 links on each side plus end links for a total of 12 and you told me Yes."

The Seller handled his oversight and my concern just beautifully. I will update later.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
This is an NOS packaging set. The bracelet inside it is OEM but well worn, it is what I took off when I put the NOS one on.

White plastic Seiko logo "tray", clear plastic snug fit top see-through cover, 3 tags/hang tags.

Yours looks odd with the "Lamp" logo and West Germany.
Plus where is the white tray part ?

Attachments

·
Special Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I certainly wish I could have paid Yen 1,500 for mine ;)

When I first showed the bracelet to one long time and very knowledgable collector he simply replied "Wahoo". What is Wahoo? I don't even know what that means... is that good or bad :confused:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts