The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From one customer, here are two Suwa-produced 6105s. Both have the Suwa mark on their dial and back...

On the left is a -8110 from November of 1976, on the right a -8119 from May of 1971. Same factory, different years and different positions of the click ball. I know this is not so rare but I've never had one of each in hand at the same time.

Also of note is the earlier case back is stamped inside: SEIKO TIME CORP. The later one is plain.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm picturing product managers in the 1970's making these configuration changes for no other reason than to confuse and confound collectors of a later generation.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
sjbrook said:
I'm picturing product managers in the 1970's making these configuration changes for no other reason than to confuse and confound collectors of a later generation.
Kinda like archeologists wondering why there is a bunch of really big boulders standing upright in a circle in a field in England.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jimmyngk said:
Hi Jonathan,

My 6105-8110, April 1973 has two clickballs, one at 11am, other at 1pm. :eek:

Will add pictures later.

Cheers!!

jim

Hi, Jim. Would love to see the photos and I have a customer who might be interested in buying it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sjbrook said:

A hearty "Amen, Bro" to that!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nhoJ said:
Kinda like archeologists wondering why there is a bunch of really big boulders standing upright in a circle in a field in England.
Everybody knows those stones are a big model of this...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts