The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 1960s Citizen put their 'Parawater' system to the test by releasing Jet Automatics supported in special buoys in the Sea of Japan and the Pacific Ocean. I have contributed some of my reference material to the writer and publisher of an excellent video documentary about this which is now available online. It is in Italian, but it's hoped to create English sub-titles in the not too distant future. I hope you can take a look at what I think is a very professional piece of work:

Un Parawater nel Pacifico - La sfida di Citizen

Stephen

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wowsa! Thank you, I want a buoy with the watch, lol. Such a wonderful vid to watch.

PS Parlo abbastanza l'italiano per godere bene questo video, che caro, grazie mille!

·
Registered
819 Posts
A very informative and entertaining video for watch enthusiasts, no doubt greatly enhanced by your contributions Stephen. Well done.
I have but one Citizen Parawater, a Seven Star Deluxe, and here it is. This one claims 100m water resistance, and has a rotating inner timing bezel operated by the second crown. I was really after a 'month dater', but in the meantime saw this and... well, you know how it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts