The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very handsome looking Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar E812...but the hands cannot be set. I've seen the Citizen Setting Instruction on line, but pulling the crown out to the second click and turning the crown does basically nothing...the hands do not move.

The second hand does tick, once I had it charged, and the crown does move the setting hand between TME, CHR, ALM etc. But that's about it.

Any thoughts on where the problem might lie?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Have you got the full pdf of the instructions?

Are you sure it’s fully charged?

·
Registered
24,640 Posts
Charge it more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put it into Chrono mode, pull the setting crown out to the second click. if all the hands move to the zero position, which is midnight, then it has enough of a charge. I use a cheapo growing lamp to keep the watches that I'm working on fully charged. Normally 12 hours is more than enough. Of course, there is plenty of direct sunlight on south Maui, but that has a tendency to get the watches too hot.

Aloha from the Territories, and stay well over there

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put it into Chrono mode, pull the setting crown out to the second click. if all the hands move to the zero position, which is midnight, then it has enough of a charge. I use a cheapo growing lamp to keep the watches that I'm working on fully charged. Normally 12 hours is more than enough. Of course, there is plenty of direct sunlight on south Maui, but that has a tendency to get the watches too hot.

Aloha from the Territories, and stay well over there
I've been charging it on a window sill for over a week and under a bright LED light for many more hours beyond that and still nothing. I'm considering replacing the power source...nothing lasts forever. We're well so far...it's this sutting down of America that has me concerned.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's kind of unusual for the batteries in those to go bad, but they are very simple to change out. The battery is an MT920, they are readily available from All Watch Parts for about 16 USD. Part number is 295-5600. I've had a few of the E812 movements just flat out quit on me, and I suspect that the problem might be a bad crystal on the circuit. I bought some oscillators from Digi Key, but haven't gotten around to soldering in a new one yet. A new circuit is absurdly expensive.

Best of luck, in more than just the watch

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's kind of unusual for the batteries in those to go bad, but they are very simple to change out. The battery is an MT920, they are readily available from All Watch Parts for about 16 USD. Part number is 295-5600. I've had a few of the E812 movements just flat out quit on me, and I suspect that the problem might be a bad crystal on the circuit. I bought some oscillators from Digi Key, but haven't gotten around to soldering in a new one yet. A new circuit is absurdly expensive.

Best of luck, in more than just the watch
Thanks holonalu. Appreciate the part number. I've ordered one over Ebay so we'll see if that makes a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts