The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made the trip into NYC for the Holidays and of course made a pilgrimage to the new Citizen corporate store in Times Square. (Previously I posted my review of the NYC Seiko Boutique from September.)

They have 80% Eco-Drives mostly with bling but they have their "Signature Collection" mechanicals available only at this one outlet in the whole US, they being Japanese Domestic Market models. I liked one a lot with the 9011 movement, sapphire crystals front and back and genuine crocodile strap but the $1,000. price tag didn't seem to fit the watch as the proper price point and they would not discount a cent.

Nice JDM Pilots Watch Altichron that has an altimeter from -300 Meters to +1,000 meters, and Eco-Eyes to be one of only 250 to be made globally and no where but here outside of Japan. See the limited edition Matt Kenseth set all you NASCAR fans.

Very friendly staff and they know their product. I only wish the steep prices could be offset by the occasional sale. A definite good time to check them out if you hit the Big Apple.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks for the report and hopefully it will help raise awareness of the higher levels of their range.

From your report they do not seem to carry any of "The Citizen" models?

they have their "Signature Collection" mechanicals available only at this one outlet in the whole US, they being Japanese Domestic Market models.
I do not think that the "Signature Collection" models are for the JDM. I have never seen these in Japan and can not find any reference to them on the Citizen Japan site.

I quite like the look of the blue version of the model shown on the poster, so I would be interested to see exactly where they are targeting these models.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I took the train into Grand Central Station last spring but I was not aware of the Citizen store. I would have stopped by just to have a look.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts