The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I;m having some issues with my Skyhawk, the battery (or capacitor rather), does not hold charge very well, and gets drained very easily.
At the same time, when the battery gauge is even a little less than max, some LCD segments are starting to fade and disappear.
Is that a faulty capacitor\battery, or is it a faulty LCD?

Thank you

[sorry, couldn't attach a photo since i'm a noob here]

·
Special Member
3,080 Posts
So the U600 module?
I’d try a new cap- I had one with a failing cap depending on where you are they can be bought for about £14
But if pieces of the lcd are missing sounds a bit strange - mine would not sync and I could not set it correctly
Should be a 295-780 and a 295-69 (both the same cap)
Keep us posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh U600 movement - hum, think I’d try a capacitor to start, that charge is low
Thanks,

Other than the part itself (capacitor), is there any special complicated procedure involved in replacing and re-waterproofing? Do i also need an O-ring?
I'm kinda new to all this, and prefer to give it to a professional to handle, problem is hard to get that capacitor here, so i thought ill get it online and give it to a generic watch repair pesrson to do the replacement.

·
Special Member
3,080 Posts
It’s a snap on Caseback with a nylon gasket - it’s very simple to change ( as easy as a battery)

·
Special Member
1,947 Posts
I’ve replaced the cap on my U600 Skyhawk - the caseback is on very tight, so for a DIY, you’d need a caseback tool in addition to the new cell. It’s not hard to do, but if you have a local watchmaker who sells Citizen, they may very well have the capacitor in stock as this is a current model, and the cost may be about the same as parts/tools alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
1,947 Posts
Yeh U600 movement - hum, think I’d try a capacitor to start, that charge is low

I agree, new cell is where I’d start, especially if it won't reach (and maintain) a full charge after an afternoon on a sunny windowsill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all, ill try to search for a shop that sells Citizen's, not neccessarily an official Citizen service center :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.