The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I purchased a used skyhawk in rather good external condition. I need 3 parts for it, wondering if anyone knows how i can get them. I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Thanks in advance for your help.

So.. 3 parts for a citizen Skyhawk Titanium model no. JY0010-50e. Movement U600.

1) diamond shaped battery strap as per image 1.
2) white plastic case back gasket as per image 2.
3) 3 x titanium bracelet links & pins as per image 3.

Rim Alloy wheel Grey Metal Watch
Finger Skin Metal Circle Brass
Product Watch Analog watch Photograph White
Rim Alloy wheel Grey Metal Watch
Finger Skin Metal Circle Brass
Product Watch Analog watch Photograph White

·
Special Member
1,944 Posts
Aftermarket (but perfectly usable) case back gaskets can be had on eBay. Links (or entire bracelets) also come up on eBay from time to time, but Citizen typically also sells bracelet parts to us commoners - so worth calling them to see if they’re available/affordable. The battery strap will be tricky - best bet is a parts watch or movement - any U600 based Citizen would do - doesn’t have to the the titanium variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Battery strap is the same as is used on most Citizen Eco drive watches, as the CTL920 battery and the MT920 are the same width. As for the gasket, clean it up, inspect it for damage, if it has no kinks or dings, re-use it. Just make absolutely certain that the case is clean and the gasket is properly seated prior to pressing the caseback into position, it does have an up and a down side. Citizen will sell you the links directly, in fact, I think I have some new around here someplace, as I restore the U600 movement Skyhawk quite often. Come to think of it, I have all of that stuff here, if Citizen isn't available.

Aloha from #50

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery strap is the same as is used on most Citizen Eco drive watches, as the CTL920 battery and the MT920 are the same width. As for the gasket, clean it up, inspect it for damage, if it has no kinks or dings, re-use it. Just make absolutely certain that the case is clean and the gasket is properly seated prior to pressing the caseback into position, it does have an up and a down side. Citizen will sell you the links directly, in fact, I think I have some new around here someplace, as I restore the U600 movement Skyhawk quite often. Come to think of it, I have all of that stuff here, if Citizen isn't available.

Aloha from #50
Aftermarket (but perfectly usable) case back gaskets can be had on eBay. Links (or entire bracelets) also come up on eBay from time to time, but Citizen typically also sells bracelet parts to us commoners - so worth calling them to see if they’re available/affordable. The battery strap will be tricky - best bet is a parts watch or movement - any U600 based Citizen would do - doesn’t have to the the titanium variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts