The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK boys and girls. I've figured out all the functions and taken some pictures. Here is my review.

This is a great watch. It has it all. The dial looks busy but it is actually very easy to read the time. Built into this bad boy is a calendar mode, a chronograph, a timer, two alarms, a world time function (43 cities) that switches between two cities, a slide rule and flight computer bezel. It syncs at three different times to the atomic clock. Two are set times and one is a user defined time. It has a back light for use in low light conditions. It is an Eco-drive and when fully charged will run for months in the dark (180 days). It will warn you of low charge three days before it dies. You can recharge in any light. Sunlight will recharge it fully in 20 Hours.

There are three subdials on the face. One is a power indicator and atomic clock connection indicator, one is a GMT time and one is a 24 hour time indicator. There are two digital windows on the dial. One indicates the home city and the other shows a second time zone/city and is where the calendar, chrono, timer alarms show up and can be set or monitored. All operating instructions and a guided tutorial are on-line at the Citizen web site.

Negatives;
1) mineral crystal; I have no idea why on a watch of this caliber they did not use at least a sapphire coated crystal.
2) the lume is below average for a Citizen; you do have the back light but the lume could have been better
3) not much else

Recommendation: If you have the means this is a great addition to any collection.

Here are the specs:

Citizen SkyHawk A-T Stainless Steel Chronograph Atomic Watch JY0000-53E

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/English/detail.asp?Country=COA&Language=English&ModelNumber=JY0000-53E

Series
Citizen Skyhawk A-T
Case Material
Stainless Steel
Case Diameter
45mm, 48mm to crown
Dial Color Black
Bezel Rotating Slide rule
Movement Eco-drive Quartz Caliber U600
Clasp
Push Button Deployment
Bracelet Stainless Steel
Water Resistant
200 meters / 660 feet
Crystal
Mineral
Additional Information Atomic Timekeeping With Radio Controlled Accuracy, Flight Chronograph, Sport Watch, Solar Powered, World Time For 43 International Cities, 2 Alarms

1 - 2 of 2 Posts