The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this one in the bottom of my watch bag. The start/start function for the stop watch and timer works by slapping the crystal! It was made in a running version (mine), skiing, and bicycling. Put a battery in today and it fired right up, with all functions working except for one.......the date function is only programmed through 2003! Bought it sometime in the mid-eighties.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
What happens if you got mad and threw it at a stone wall
or even dropped it from a three story window ?
Just kidding.... Hahaha
Every time you use it you gotta slap it ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can also use the buttons on top to start/stop the timers. The "running man" display also sort of animates, with increasing slashes of LCD as time goes on, then empties, then repeats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, the reason the crystal is so scratched up is not because of slapping it. I let my 10 year old son at that time wear the watch for about 6 months. I got it back in that condition. Obviously he wasn't thinking of future sale value on Eb*y!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this one in the bottom of my watch bag. The start/start function for the stop watch and timer works by slapping the crystal! It was made in a running version (mine), skiing, and bicycling. Put a battery in today and it fired right up, with all functions working except for one.......the date function is only programmed through 2003! Bought it sometime in the mid-eighties.

Date problem solved (almost). Year 2003 has same calendar as 2014. I'll set the year to 2003, so as long as I remember the right year, my daily and monthly display should reflect 2014.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts