The Watch Site banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm seeing different "things" to do once the battery is changed and the back is on to, essentially, start-up the watch again; everything from pulling the crown out to the 2nd stop for 30 seconds, to "press-and-hold all the buttons".

So for these Citizen "PROMASTER DEPTH METER CHRONOGRAPHS", does anybody know if I'll need to do anything special after I button-up the backs?

I've attached a pic of them at the bottom of the pool from last weekend. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, I feel like this is my fault. I did a Google search for the question I first asked, didn't know how old the thread was, but the thread was perfect for the question. And I actually got the perfect answer(s).

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just as an update, I just finished my first two capacitor and gasket changes. They're charging now.. Woot.

Now I'll need to figure out the hand reset...

Many thanks to everybody..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I heard somewhere else that in a pinch you can use .80mm x 32mm o-ring in place of the flat OEM gasket if one isn't readily available. Can anyone confirm or deny? I just got done doing a lot of work to my 2 B741 watches, I would be a little upset if I got water ingress on the first go around.

The existing gaskets are ok on 1 but on the other i'm a bit iffy and don't want to place too much faith on such an old gasket, 20+ years at this point.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts