The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Special Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a couple open at the moment to drop n new movements and being new to these was wondering are there members who might know right off the gaskets sizes for various cases. Seems Seiko info of this sort is easier to come by.

In particular one marker 4-824164Y which I think is an NY2300 and the other is the 51-2273 I mentioned in another post.

Interested in case back and stem/crown. I'm coming up with 29.5 for the NY2300 and 34ish for the 51-2273 for the case back, but not sure cross section, or actually is it a flat gasket and not an o ring?

Thanks

·
Special Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Divers should have an o-ring. And if it has a square section groove, that's the indication for an O-ring.
Thanks for responding.

They don't really have a groove at all, not like any of my Seiko divers. More of a recessed flat section adjacent to the movement opening. The existing gasket on the ny2300 is either totally semetrically squished flat or was always and the 51-2273 is missing its seal.

I'll snap a couple pics to show what I mean.

That said, I think I may have some OE seals on the way for the NY, we'll see what arrives.

·
Special Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the links. The 51-2273 case number is 4-822145Y and it doesn't turn up in the case search function.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi, the part numbers for case back gaskets are 393-0093 for the NY2300 and 393-0205 for the 51-2273. O-rings are crystal gaskets, and cases are marked 'OR-O'when they are required.

Try http://stsupplyonline.com/ for the gaskets, using the original part numbers to search.

Stephen

·
Special Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi, the part numbers for case back gaskets are 393-0093 for the NY2300 and 393-0205 for the 51-2273. O-rings are crystal gaskets, and cases are marked 'OR-O'when they are required.

Try http://stsupplyonline.com/ for the gaskets, using the original part numbers to search.

Stephen
Thank you Stephen. I checked on the 393-0093 gasket and they are out of stock. However, when I was looking on boley.de to see if I could come up with anything they list two part numbers for the gasket; the one you list and 392-1053 which ST does have in stock. Same gasket, older part number?

I'll check on the gasket for the 51-2273, hopefully they have some.

EDIT - Gasket for the 51-2273 is discoed and no substitute offered. Gasket for the NY is also discoed, but replaced by 393-00318. I guess I'll wait for the new part number to arrive for the NY and based on it try to find a generic equivalent for the 51.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It's a pain when suppliers leave parts listed when they don't have any! I've found an alternative listed in the UK for the 51 diver. Happy to get it for you if you wish - please pm me if you want me to do that,

Stephen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just acquired two Aqualand Promaster dive watches, I'm wanting to change the capacitors before we leave for Cozumel, and I'm having a devil of a time finding what rear case gasket to order so both watches can start fresh in their newest forever home. I was sure it was the 393-0205, then I was told that that gasket was not longer available and has been replaced with the 393-00211. Oddly, I can't figure out where to buy either. I thought S.T. Supply had me covered, but even they seem to be struggling...

The numbers on the cases are:

B741-H16471 and B741-H16463

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Just acquired two Aqualand Promaster dive watches, I'm wanting to change the capacitors before we leave for Cozumel, and I'm having a devil of a time finding what rear case gasket to order so both watches can start fresh in their newest forever home. I was sure it was the 393-0205, then I was told that that gasket was not longer available and has been replaced with the 393-00211. Oddly, I can't figure out where to buy either. I thought S.T. Supply had me covered, but even they seem to be struggling...

Do they need the capacitors changed or is that preventative?

I find Eco drive capacitors often last a good 20 years. I used to be a watchmaker for Citizen NZ.

If you have to replace them so open the back - re use the seals. If they're in good condition there is no good reason to re use them.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Got a couple open at the moment to drop n new movements and being new to these was wondering are there members who might know right off the gaskets sizes for various cases. Seems Seiko info of this sort is easier to come by.

In particular one marker 4-824164Y which I think is an NY2300 and the other is the 51-2273 I mentioned in another post.

Interested in case back and stem/crown. I'm coming up with 29.5 for the NY2300 and 34ish for the 51-2273 for the case back, but not sure cross section, or actually is it a flat gasket and not an o ring?

Thanks

You do enough watches to justify buying a box of mixed back size generics and the same for crown size.

Forget the agro of fruitless (almost) searches for nos that they don't need.

Only you will know ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do they need the capacitors changed or is that preventative?

I find Eco drive capacitors often last a good 20 years. I used to be a watchmaker for Citizen NZ.

If you have to replace them so open the back - re use the seals. If they're in good condition there is no good reason to re use them.
One seems fine (16471), it lives at L2, but the other one (16463) seems to get to L1 pretty quickly.

I just got them today so I don't have literally no time with them, but we're leaving for Coz on the 16th, and I've like to have them as ready as possible to dive.

And I'm fine with reusing the seal (we divers/underwater photogs are use to working with seals and gaskets), but for a few bucks I thought I'd at least try.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
One seems fine (16471), it lives at L2, but the other one (16463) seems to get to L1 pretty quickly.

I just got them today so I don't have literally no time with them, but we're leaving for Coz on the 16th, and I've like to have them as ready as possible to dive.

And I'm fine with reusing the seal (we divers/underwater photogs are use to working with seals and gaskets), but for a few bucks I thought I'd at least try.

I've been the first to open up Eco drives after say 15 - 20 years and the back seals are still fine :)
Fair enough if you know what you're doing to replace the capacitor that may need replacing in the (near) future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been the first to open up Eco drives after say 15 - 20 years and the back seals are still fine :)
Fair enough if you know what you're doing to replace the capacitor that may need replacing in the (near) future.
Honestly, I got both of these for a steal ($200 US for both), so if I were to mess it up I wouldn't go off the deep end. Plus, I have a couple of other watches where a $20 investment in some basic tools to do this makes sense.

I just never would have imagined it would be this hard to find a gasket. But hey, it's all good, the journey is half the fun.

·
Special Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You do enough watches to justify buying a box of mixed back size generics and the same for crown size.

Forget the agro of fruitless (almost) searches for nos that they don't need.

Only you will know ;)

Um, thanks for replying to an almost 3 year old post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doing a bit of an "acid test" (LOL!!!) this morning with both of these Aqualand watches in dive mode by putting them in the sink. So far both have lasted an hour in water, even the one that lives at LV.1, so I hope that's a good sign.

But here's a dumb question (I'm full of them), why does Dive mode tax the power so much more than being in the dark (night time)? IOW, what's it doing inside the watch, in the water, that's using so much more power?

·
Special Member
1,371 Posts

I have the 0205 if you need

1 - 20 of 25 Posts