The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I acquired this unit of the frist chronograph made by Citizen. It will be in my wris the next few days.

It's the Citizen Record Master. A chronostop model that the Japanese brand launched in 1967, I suposse that as a response for the creation in 1964 of the Seiko One Button, that I presented here some weeks ago.

There is a Citizen 5700 caliber inside, 21 jewels, that beats slow, but with a very nice accuracy.

This unit was made in April, 1972, so maybe it was one of the very last made units of this model, in a time for the auto chronos, and a few months before digital watches would conquest the market. It was born in a really extinction environment, but here it is, living in a good family.

As you may see, its condition is awesome for its age, even has all its original lume in perfect shinning condition. His previous owner, a really watch lover, knows that this watch will be in good hands for the next 40 years.

Thank you .

Note: This post was originally written in Spanish language here. Please excuse my poor English (to moderators: you may delete the outside link if not approved).

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Lovely watch, and it looks good on a tan leather strap imho.

Here's a catalog pic from 1971 - which illustrates that the original price is no guide to current value!! Interestingly the only men's watches in the catalog that were cheaper at the time are a couple of Homer hand winds ::)

Stephen

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweephand said:
Lovely watch, and it looks good on a tan leather strap imho.

Here's a catalog pic from 1971 - which illustrates that the original price is no guide to current value!! Interestingly the only men's watches in the catalog that were cheaper at the time are a couple of Homer hand winds ::)
Stephen

Incredible. Do you have a time machine? :D

Nice picture from your catalog, thank you. My pictures showed this model page from "Museum of Japanese made Watches" book.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheTigerUK said:
GREAT looking chrono, so classic and great condition, really really nice :)

Maybe I will make some photos together with the One Button and a pair of swiss chronos, in order to make comparations.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi John,

I'm a lazy boy. I use a white box from ikea and a SB600 Flash which I point towards the ceiling.
Sometimes I work with two SB600s remotely.

Cheers,

Axel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts