The Watch Site banner

Citizen Promaster SST waking up from power saving mode (video)

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ted 
#1 ·
Here's a video of my Promaster SST (calibre number U700) waking up in my back yard after entering power mode (7 days without exposure to light).

Ted

#6 ·
The caliber U700 used in the Promaster SST has a whooping 7 year power reserve (In pwr reserve mode) or 270 days (About 9 months) power reserve in continued use. Its got the best pwr reserve mode of any Citizen Eco-Drive watch in production today.

While I appreciate the Promaster SST for what it is, two aspects of this watch held me back from ever getting it:

1) Sheer size
2) Lack of radio controlled sync capability.

Until then, Citizen Eco-Drive watches with R/C capability (Calibers H610, U600 & U680) will do for me.

#7 ·
I agree about the size. The SST is one of citizen more handsome design. It is distinctive and unique. I would love to have one, but it's size is just too much for me and my "puny" 7.5" wrists. This thing is so massive I find it unwearable. Too bad as it is a strikingly handsome watch.

#8 ·
Even with 8.25" inch wrists I think the SST is sort of on the big side, so it doesn't get nearly as much wrist time as my Tuna and Sumo. And I also wish it had radio sync. Thankfully I didn't pay too much for it last year when Macy's was having a huge Seiko & Citizen clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.