The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently acquired my first Citizen, the PMD56-2952 (a JDM model) via eBay. Full titanium, radio controlled, domed sapphire and Eco-Drive. Plus it wears like a 38mm which is perfect for my small 6.25" wrists. And I am so impressed that the second hand hits the markers dead-on every time. Why can't Seiko figure that out?

This model only picks up the Japan radio towers, but there is a free app called JJY Similator that has been working like a charm whenever I need to sync.

It's a great watch all around! If anyone is on the fence, I highly recommend going for it. Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,157 Posts
simple, classy looking watch. I love the Eco-Drives. Citizen has been releasing nice watches now for a while.

It looks great - enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
simple, classy looking watch. I love the Eco-Drives. Citizen has been releasing nice watches now for a while.

It looks great - enjoy!

Thanks. Appreciate it! I wasn’t sure how I would feel about the plain black bezel on the titanium case but it really works with the overall look. And the yellow seconds hand adds a nice pop of color.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Great watch! I own the green dial variant and like it a lot.
However, I've never been able to sync it via the JJY simulator app. I must be doing something wrong...
Second hand alignment on mine is also very good. It seems that Citizen cares about this on their mid to high tier movements. My lower end Eco-Drives have/had the same amount of slack in the gear train as most other quartz watches.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great watch! I own the green dial variant and like it a lot.
However, I've never been able to sync it via the JJY simulator app. I must be doing something wrong...
Second hand alignment on mine is also very good. It seems that Citizen cares about this on their mid to high tier movements. My lower end Eco-Drives have/had the same amount of slack in the gear train as most other quartz watches.

Nice to meet a fellow owner! I will try and find sometime this weekend to post some JJY Simulator instructions with pics here in this thread. It’s pretty slick!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got into watches as I was fascinated by my grandfather's old Seiko 5 when I was a kid and have never looked beyond mechanical watches, but recently I got a Citizen Eco Drive Satellite Wave, and it hasn't left my wrist since and probably won't until I get my Pogues back from service which might take some time. I think Eco Drive watches are amazing, radio or satellite controlled, always accurate, amazing battery life with indicator so you can never be surprised by a dead battery, good looking bracelets, amazing materials.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got into watches as I was fascinated by my grandfather's old Seiko 5 when I was a kid and have never looked beyond mechanical watches, but recently I got a Citizen Eco Drive Satellite Wave, and it hasn't left my wrist since and probably won't until I get my Pogues back from service which might take some time. I think Eco Drive watches are amazing, radio or satellite controlled, always accurate, amazing battery life with indicator so you can never be surprised by a dead battery, good looking bracelets, amazing materials.

That’s a fine looking watch. Which model is it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've never been able to sync it via the JJY simulator app. I must be doing something wrong.

Here’s what works for me with the JJY Simulator app...

First, plug headphones into your phone and set them up so that the ear buds are very close to (or even touching) the case back.

Then, open the app and make sure that the green toggle I’ve circled in the picture below is on. Also, make sure the volume on your phone is up high enough.

Then just long press the button at the 4:00 position until the second hand jumps to the RX marker at 12:00. From there the second hand will jump around a bit (hopefully to the H position mostly) and you should be sync’d in less than 10 min.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just picked up the green dialed version, and I'm over the moon with it. The kanji day (a personal favorite) good but not great lume, lightweight titanium case and on the fly clasp extension should make this a great travel/vacation watch.

I also had some trouble with the JJY app, but I'll try it again tonight with a pair of headphones instead of my phone's speaker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just picked up the green dialed version, and I'm over the moon with it. The kanji day (a personal favorite) good but not great lume, lightweight titanium case and on the fly clasp extension should make this a great travel/vacation watch.

I also had some trouble with the JJY app, but I'll try it again tonight with a pair of headphones instead of my phone's speaker.

Congrats on the new acquisition! I’ve had mine for a few months now and we’re still getting along great. I wore it today and found myself staring down at it several times just because I like looking at it.

Good luck with the app. I hope you get it to work!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Used the JJY emulator app yesterday to adjust for DST and it worked perfectly on the first try. (y)
On my Android phone the app looks different and the layout is all scrunched up, but luckily this didn't seem to affect the function.
There is no green toggle, but you can choose between the Fukushima (40 kHz) signal and the Saga (60 khZ) signal.
I chose 40 kHz and the receiving indicator stayed on HIGH throughout the procedure.
Apparently, using a pair of ear buds and placing the right against the case back of the watch made a difference to my prior unsuccessful attempts with a pair of large hifi headphones.
Thanks very much for your help, recapt!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Used the JJY emulator app yesterday to adjust for DST and it worked perfectly on the first try. (y)
On my Android phone the app looks different and the layout is all scrunched up, but luckily this didn't seem to affect the function.
There is no green toggle, but you can choose between the Fukushima (40 kHz) signal and the Saga (60 khZ) signal.
I chose 40 kHz and the receiving indicator stayed on HIGH throughout the procedure.
Apparently, using a pair of ear buds and placing the right against the case back of the watch made a difference to my prior unsuccessful attempts with a pair of large hifi headphones.
Thanks very much for your help, recapt!
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Glad it worked out. Wear it in good health.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts