The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 21 years of dependable and accurate service my Citizen Promaster watch has stopped working (Non responsive even after recharging with regular exposure to light). It is a Japanese model PMT56-2731 with a case number E766-T001203. I sent it into the Citizen watch repair site in Torrance, CA and they said that "Due to unavailability of parts, we are unable to repair your timepiece." They did offer a "trade in program" where they would keep the watch and take 50% of there suggested manufacturer's retail price on any watch they sell plus tax and $11.50 shipping.

My questions:
1. Is there another source I could use to repair the watch or are parts for this model really unavailable?

2. Since Citizen's offer in most cases just equals to the street price of the watches they offer or sometimes about $25 to $50 less, should I ask them to return the watch and attempt to sell it for the parts? The watch is in excellent condition with the only scratches on the stainless clasp I also still have the original box, metal tin, tags and papers.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
well hello and welcome to the forum....great to have u with us....i am sure someone here can help...i was able to find this old thread on the old site....
take a look and see what u think....it might not be too hard to repair....
God Bless,John
http://www.network54.com/Forum/7844...o-Drive+cell+replace+(LOTS+of+photos)>>

i always love to repair versus a new watch...if it were me..i would get it back....
make sure u have the photobucket repair link too so u can see all the pics....
if u need some help finding someone to work on it too....there is many great watchmakers here that can help u too

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I make it a 295.56 MT920 cell

Get confirmation on it as I think there might be a change over with different cell chemistry.

DIY it, get one off eBay and go for it. Otherwise order one and take it to your local battery change stall and bung them a few bucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uncleluck, jringo8769, and briang, thanks for the input. I've decided to get the watch back and pursue getting parts for it.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
well that is a very smart move....even if u decide not to fix it...it has value and someone here would buy it from u...but i think u would want to take the time to fix it right and get it back on your wrist.....if u need any help...just let us know...we are great enablers....God Bless,John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts