The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I guess I've been living under a rock or something and completely missed the whole Orca thing when it was originally in the spotlight..Doh! :eek:

A recent itch had me revisiting the idea of getting a Tuna and while I was out browsing candidates I ran across an Orca and was immediately intrigued. Over the next several days I couldn't stop thinking about the design and just how cool it is and ended up reading as much as I could about the watch. I finally decided that the watch offers a lot of bang for the buck and that dial design, titanium case, unique bezel design with the blue lume is awesome.

I was surprised by how few are on the market these days but managed to find a very slightly used one in near mint condition with black dial on rubber for $250. The Orca is a GREAT watch for the money and I\m really liking it..

Am I right that the watch was discontinued at the end of 2009 and that it was only around for about two years? What a shame if that's the scoop. I can't understand why such a popular model would be discontinued after only two years. I mean look how long the Aqualands have been around..

Could it have something to do with the parent company? Makes you wonder if Seiko Group put an end to it if sales of the Orca were starting to eat into Seiko sales for that price point. The way I see it the two don't normally compete with each other very much since the Citizens have their own vibe, look & market share. Maybe in this instance the Orca was competing a bit too much with Seiko..what thinks you?

Cheers,

Konrad

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Congratulations, great pick up.

I really enjoy mine and you do not see too many of these around here any more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Orca discontinuation decision

In my view it was the dullest decision to discontinue such a legendary watch. Unique design not stolen from anywhere, resembling nothing like it on the market. Maybe it was their best designed titanium watch ever.
I couldn't help writing an angry letter to Citizen asking why did they do so? The reply was "Sorry this line has been discontinued and is no more available in our stocks."
In my personal opinion the designer of the Orca has quitted job and the new one just being envious that he does not have the tallent and the skills of the old one, has decided todiscontinue his work.
Nothing after the Orca could touch me as it does....:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts