The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
LUW said:
[...]

What I don't like
When you turn the crown to hand wind things are rough, not faintly close to the smoothness of the 6R15. And also, the threads on the crown seem to be very coarse, because I have the impression I'm grinding metal whenever I loosen or tighten the crown.
You are not the only one, mine was just the same. I lubed it with some sillicone grease the day I got it, but after 6 months of on and off wearing (which means setting the time & date a lot), the thread was worn out, and I wasn't able to secure the crown anymore.

I wonder if the material choice of the crown (or of the stem tube) was a smart one...

Sold the NY0054 as a bastler-watch.

I'll stick to NY0040's....

· Registered
15 Posts
Nope, the NY0054 has a titanium case, and a (titanium?) knurled crown, whereas the NY0040 has a stainless steel case and crown.

The crowns are not interchangeable btw, the sealing mechanism works differently.

· Registered
15 Posts
I personally don't like carbon just for the looks of it. (but that's just me, I know)

I do admire carbon in mechanical construction work though, like racing car suspension parts for instance, or a chassis for a Britten racer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.