The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know where to source these seals? All I can locate is the crystal gasket seal.

I was hoping some crown/caseback seals from other new models are compatible with NY0040. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cousins stock the crown (avaiiable mid May)
Interesting, that's the first place I searched and the only gasket listed is the crystal gasket (Citizen 393.7771).

Can anyone purchase directly from them? I went to register and it has a disclaimer "By registering with us you are confirming you are purchasing goods for use in your trade".

I tend to prefer modding/fixing Seiko for this reason (parts availability), but I'm a big fan of the NY0040 and would like to keep it alive and use it snorkelling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If proper measurements were taken could we just use generic gaskets?
Last resort. Even so, I would've thought this would have come up before given the popularity of the watch in it's day. Haven't found anything on the interwebs with any measurements.

If I have to, I'll measure it all up and use generic as a last resort. Crown seal might be a bit tricky though. Failing that I'll just get an SKX or turtle and decommission this from the water altogether.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Last resort. Even so, I would've thought this would have come up before given the popularity of the watch in it's day. Haven't found anything on the interwebs with any measurements.

If I have to, I'll measure it all up and use generic as a last resort. Crown seal might be a bit tricky though. Failing that I'll just get an SKX or turtle and decommission this from the water altogether.
Please post up the measurements if it comes to it. If the pros put there heads together I've no doubt we can keep the ny0040 on water duty.

It's always been on my buy list but have yet to get around to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts