The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may of read my thread, and previous posts on my Hyper Aqualand that I managed to find in NOS condition. I have always wanted to do the negative lcd mod, but my Aqualand was way too pristine for that so I set about finding a junker to have a play with.

I found this one below on the bay for €35 euros, water damaged, and in pretty poor shape. This morning I stripped it down, and its parts are currently in my ultrasonic cleaner for a good clean. I will post after photos once the cycle is complete.

Turns out that the movement is completely fried, so no chance of repairing it, so need to find a stockist of a replacement movement.

All the pushers were in tact, and extracted from the case fine, so too did the sensor, and media port. Sadly the under crystal fascia was damaged, but did remove the crystal ok.

After my assessment of what I am left with, I think that if I can find a new movement, I will actually make a custom dive watch from the components.

Here's the parts which hopefully will clean up good enough to reuse.New crystal needed too as this one is scratched to hell.

Untitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Wish me luck.!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few photos after a clean..

The bezel should brush up ok, and re-ink the stampings

No serious corrosion, should be workable..

Got new gaskets/o-rings ready for the pushers..

Case damage needs refinishing..

Overall not too bad, and I have to wonder, the case looks titanium, but I'm sure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reworked the case to remove the light corrosion.

There's still traces of what looks like liquid metal in the crystal channel, so this will need to be manually removed, carefully. Soaking in acetone didn't shift it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And then their were two. Trial fitted restored parts, need to take apart again, and then reassemble, sealing it up. Also need to refinish the stamped bezel text.

SANY6558 by Micky.!, on Flickr

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank, its one of my favourite watches, the one on the left holds so many fond memories.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I need a new seal fot the back of my ma9004-21e ma9004 citizen promaster can you sugest an outlet to buy as Citizen say that they will not ervice them any more?
Thanks in advance.
Gery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi...new to the forum. I just bought a Aqualand Hyper and without breaking the watch, how do you remove the plate holding the battery in? I looked on the internet and could not find a video. Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts